To add filter widgets, access Appearance > Widgets and add them in one of the following sidebars:
- Shop Sidebar . Plain simple sidebar eg: Amsterdam Demo
- Filter Panel. Filters will be shown in a side panel that opens on clicking the FILTER button on the top right side of the products eg: London Demo .
- Filter Top Bar . Will show the filters (as dropdowns) before the product listing eg: Melbourne Demo .
All the sidebars above will be shown in the frontend automatically only when they have widgets inside them.
- Filter by Attribute . Displays attributes, styled depending on their attribute type. Read more on Variation Swatches.
- Filter by Category;
- Filter by Price;
- Filter “In Stock” items;
- Filter “On Sale” products;
- Filter “Featured” products;
- Filter by Tags;
- Filter by custom taxonomy. Used when you use a plugin that uses a custom taxonomy and want to make it available for filters;
- Active Filters . Displays the active filters that are in use, along with a reset button.
All of the above widgets have the option to either display as a list (and depending on the type, either as colored boxes or buttons) and as dropdowns.
WooCommerce comes packed with a bunch of widgets that filter too, however they’re reloading the page:
- Filter Products by Attribute
- Filter Products by Rating
- Filter Products by Price
- Product Categories (not a filter widget but good enough to use)